The University Club was founded in the early 1900’s to promote socialization, friendship and the interchange of academic information between established and new faculty, lecturers and eventually graduate students. The club has retained much of its dignity and charm through the myriad changes in life styles of the twenty-first century, but still has much of the original academic emphasis in a less formal setting. Most of the club’s current 39 residents are graduate students of both genders and represent a diverse multiethnic and multicultural mix.
The Board of Directors is a volunteer group which oversees this not-for-profit organization. A property manager, cleaning and maintenance staff are responsible for the building. All utilities and WiFi are included in the rent.
Resident Membership is included in the rent. The Social Committee organizes the social events for all resident and social members.