Terms and Conditions
Deposits and Payments:
- A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve the space for your event and will be applied to the balance due. All site rental fees are non-refundable unless otherwise noted**.
Post Event Inspection and Charges:
- Inspection of the leased premises will occur within 24 hours after the end of the event, any repairs for damages and replacement of lost, stolen or damaged equipment will be charged separately by invoice and made payable immediately to the University Club.
Guests and Clean up:
- All guests must vacate the premises by 11:00 pm – Any time or part of time beyond 11 PM will be an additional $500 per hour payable onsite by credit card. Refusal to pay or leave will be considered trespassing. You may begin cleaning up by 11:00 pm but all guests must have vacated the premises.
Availability and Parking:
- Our Facility is available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, with other days available with special permission from the manager. Parking is only available for vendors and caterers during set-up and break-down in the two (2) visitor parking spaces at the rear of the building, and one Vendor space in #17 at the side kitchen entrance. All guests of the event holder must find alternative parking in the local parking garages or hotels nearby. Parking may be available for special circumstances, ask the Manager if you need special accommodations.
Caterers, Bartenders, and Alcohol Service:
- The Licensor anticipates that Licensee may serve alcoholic beverages. Licensee shall not serve any person who is not twenty-one years of age and will mark or wrist band any and all age appropriate persons who will be consuming alcohol. A person of known intemperate habits, or any person who appears intoxicated to any degree however slight, may be asked to leave the premises. This prohibition is absolute and no mistake, whether or not made in good faith, shall be a defense to liability. Licensee must have an insured, trained bartender. If Caterers are providing Bartenders, the insurance Liability must include alcohol service and the Bartenders must have certification. All Caterers must be pre-approved, call for the current list of approved caterers or to discuss the approval process for the caterer of your choice. We may provide a certified Bartender for your event for an additional fee, please contact the Manager for more details.
University Club Operations:
- Licensee shall avoid interference with Licensor’s operations and those of other club members including residents and Social Members. Furthermore, Licensee acknowledges that this license is subordinate to Licensor’s obligations to members, their guests, the general public and the like. Licensee, its officers, employees, agents and servants, shall comply fully and promptly with all applicable laws and regulations as well as municipal ordinances and directions of local enforcement authorities including representatives of State College Bureau of Police Services. In addition, Licensee shall comply with Licensor’s rules, regulations, and policies.
Damages/Liability/Loss of Property:
- Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Licensor and its officers, employees, agents, servants, and successors. And assigns regardless of any negligence on their part, from and against any and all loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or causes of action, suits at law or in equity, judgments, liability or expenses, including attorneys’ fees for damages, personal injury, including death, to any person whatsoever, and for damage to property of any person whatsoever. Including loss or destruction thereof, arising out of any accident or occurrence, however caused, in or because of the exercise by Licensee of the license granted herein, whether by Licensee, or by any person permitted or suffered to enter the property by Licensee. All parties signing below as Licensee shall be personally obligated to all undertakings in this contract, whether or not they have signed in a representative capacity.
*Cancelations by Licensee (Contract Holder):
- The balance is due a minimum of (14 Days) prior to the date of the event and is payable by Check, or Credit Card via our secure online payment system through our website. Facility rental fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and cancellations of any event by the Licensee will not receive a refund of the room rental fee.
**Cancelations by Licensor (University Club):
- Licensor may, in its sole discretion, and with or without notice, postpone or cancel the exercise by Licensee of the license granted herein for causes beyond Licensor’s control. Such causes shall include, without limitation, the laws, regulations, acts, demands or interpositions of any federal, state or local government agency, acts of God, strikes, fire, flood, weather, war, acts of picketing, rebellion, insurrection or terrorism or any other cause beyond Licensor’s control whether similar or dissimilar to the foregoing. In the event of any postponement or cancellation, Licensor shall have no liability for loss or damage of any kind incurred or claimed by Licensee except that in the case of cancellation, Licensor shall make a prompt and full refund of the License Fee.